Sunday, March 22, 2009

I am Living out of my house!!

Some people live out of a few suitcases, some live out of their cars and some people live out of their dorm rooms. Going back home to my parent's house in San Clemente this spring break, I realized that I was living out of my house.

Let me put this into a better perspective for you... I am literally living off of three piles of clothes in my unrecognizable room. My room has been taken over by my mother... who insists on keeping her clothes on my once very used desk.

My place at the kitchen table has been replaced with my sister's wedding invitations, and I am constantly trying to remember what channel is MTV. Is it channel 42 or channel 49? Everything in my house is kept in a different place and therefore, the only thing that I can think of is this is how it feels to live out of my house. 

Even my city feels different! There use to be a Pinky Wear apparel store down the street from my house in the same shopping center that has always been there. But alas, as the theme of change takes over my spring break, Pinky Wear has closed down. A disappointment in my wardrobe purchases for sure.

Everyone in my family is going crazy with planning my sister's wedding extravaganza. My entire family is on edge about the smallest things. For example, when my aunt rsvp'd for the wedding and included all 5 of her children in the count, my mom practically blew a gasket on my dad, bringing up the fact that kids were not invited and that she was never invited to their wedding. 

But nevertheless, planning this fantasy, over the top, dream wedding for my sister has brought all of my family members together. And then there is me. The only underaged maid of honor in the world, who supposedly has to plan this unforgettable bachelorette party for her sister. Everyday someone in the wedding party asks me the update on the party planning. And everyday my response is less and less. I am just trying to maneuver around my house, and trying to get to know it once again, nonetheless plan a bridal shower, a bachelorette party and a joint bachelor and bachelorette party. My brother in-law-to-be's best man is a marine, who doesn't have a clue about party planning either. I just want to fit in with my family again, and provide big time for this wedding as they all have.

It's even to the point where my family has these inside jokes and even though I have no clue what they are laughing at, I always try to catch it on the coat tails of the joke... It's quite humiliating really. 

My spring break was like an easter egg hunt, I was discovering not only my house, my city, my maid of honor duties but my family all over again. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

amazing post dear, I feel ya <3