Saturday, November 1, 2008

Love Like This

For our journalism midterm the promt requires us to write about our passions. When I think of what I am passionate about, my mind is pretty much swamped with things that I love and appreciate. In all things that I do I am passionate in them. But when I really dig deep to find my most prized joy in life I realized that it is my love for my family.

Today is a very exciting day for my family. It is my sister's engagement party! She has been dating the man of her dreams for 7 years now. And he has become like a brother to me. So this party will be a very special and long anticipated day for both Rachel and Chad.

Rachel and Chad met in Jr. High and High school. We all went to the same little private school together and Rachel took an interest to Chad, who was a grade older, when she was in 8th grade. I remember her coming home and telling me how much she liked this boy.

After 2 years of Rachel's secret crush on him, and after attending a prom with his older brother, Todd just to grab Chad's attention, Chad finally asked Rachel out. Not to mention that he asked her out the day that she got her braces off.

When I first met this boy that made my sister act all funny, he had his ears pierced and had bleach blonde hair. I was impressed... my parents, not so much.

Rachel and Chad grew up together. And as they grew up they grew together. They learned together. When he was struggling, she was with him, routing for his every step and his every move on the side lines. When she would struggle, he was the only one who could ever talk her through the storm. They went through many beginnings together, beginnings that make a person who they are. They are those beginnings that have made them same. Because without Chad, there is no Rachel. And without Rachel, there is no Chad. You see my two heros are geeting married on July 11th, to take on the next series of beginnings together. This engagement represents a seal that they will forever be togther. Their love is an example to all who come into community with them . It is a supported love, a right love and a genuine, once in a lifetime love.

Today my parents handed me a letter to read in front of the entire famil and Chad. I opend it and saw that it was an invitation for Rachel and Chad to have their wedding at the St. Regis in Laguna Beach. I made the public announcement of their matramony site that will forever bond them in a covenant of love.

No comments: