Friday, January 16, 2009

Cheer Nation




This is my cheer squad at California Baptist. I have been a cheerleader for almost a decade and I have been dancing since I could walk. I love being apart of something that encourages others. It takes making one person smile at a game or a competition to make all of the hard work that I pour into this sport, worth it. 

I never thought in a million years that I would continue doing cheerleading in college, but after my best friend that I cheered with in high school convinced me to try out for the team, I had to do it.

It's a very time-consuming sport, and naturally, as with any women's sport, it's very emotional as well. But I am loving it so far! I have learned so much in just this year that makes me not regret taking on this "part-time" job. On top of that, I love the girls, I would have never met them if it wasn't for cheer. I am so entirely thankful for all of them.

We are a competition squad and we have an entire list of competitions coming up. Our next one is next Saturday. If you want to check us out any further go to www.cbulancers.com. 

No comments: